J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 75S (2006) pp. 82-84 |Previous Article| |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF: FREE (834K)|
Proc. of 5th Int. Symposium on ASR-WYP-2005 – Advances in the Physics and Chemistry of Actinide Compounds –
Anisotropic Residual Resistivity Under High Pressure in UIr
1Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, Okayama University, Tsushima-naka, Okayama 700-8530
2Faculty of Maritime Sciences, Kobe University, Higashi-Nada, Kobe 658-0072
3Advance Science Research Center, Japan Atomic Energy Research Institute, Tokai, Ibaraki 319-1195
4Graduate School of Science, Osaka University, Toyonaka, Osaka 560-0043
Anisotropic resistivity in UIr has been investigated under high pressure. A huge enhancement of residual resistivity was found under high pressure for the measuring current parallel to the [0 1 0] direction while any anomalies were not observed in the resistivity for [1 0 1]. The residual resistivity for [0 1 0] reduced to the original value in the pressure range where superconductivity appears. This anomalous behavior indicates that the ground state in the high-ρ0 state is not simple ferromagnet and the application of pressure induces the first-order transition to slightly different electronic state.
- T. Akazawa, H. Hidaka, H. Kotegawa, T. Fujiwara, T. C. Kobayashi, E. Yamamoto, Y. Haga, R. Settai and Y. Ōnuki:
J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 73 (2004) 3129[JPSJ].
- S. S. Saxena, P. Agarwal, K. Ahilan, F. M. Grosche, R. K. W. Haselwimmer, M. J. Steiner, E. Pugh, I. R. Walker, S. R. Julian, P. Monthoux, G. G. Lonzarich, A. Huxley, I. Sheikin, D. Braithwaite and J. Flouquet:
Nature 406 (2000) 587[CrossRef].
- D. Aoki, A. Huxley, E. Ressouche, D. Braithwaite, J. Flouquet, J.-P. Brison, E. Lhotel and C. Paulsen:
Nature 413 (2001) 613[CrossRef].
- C. Pfleiderer, M. Uhlarz, S. M. Hayden, R. Vollmer, H. v. Lohneysen, N. R. Bernhoeft and G. G. Lonzarich:
Nature 412 (2001) 58[CrossRef].
- C. Thessieu, A. N. Stephanov, G. Lapertot and J. Flouquet:
Solid State Commun. 95 (1995) 707[CrossRef].
- E. Yamamoto, Y. Haga, H. Shishido, H. Nakawaki, Y. Inada, R. Settai and Y. Ōnuki:
Physica B 312–313 (2002) 302[CrossRef].
- T. C. Kobayashi, S. Fukushima, H. Hidaka, H. Kotegawa, T. Akazawa, E. Yamamoto, Y. Haga, R. Settai and Y. Ōnuki: Proc. SCES'05.
- M. I. Eremets, K. Shimizu, K. Amaya and T. C. Kobayashi: Rev. High Pressure Sci. Technol. 7 (1998) 469; T. C. Kobayashi, H. Hidaka, H. Kotegawa, K. Fujiwara and M. I. Eremets: submitted to Rev. Sci. Instrum.
- N. Metoki: private communication.