J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 75S (2006) pp. 238-240 |Previous Article| |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF: FREE (168K)|
Proc. of 5th Int. Symposium on ASR-WYP-2005 – Advances in the Physics and Chemistry of Actinide Compounds –
Realization of Strong Coupling Fixed Point in Multilevel Kondo Models
Division of Materials Physics, Department of Materials Engineering Science, Graduate School of Engineering Science, Osaka University, Toyonaka, Osaka 560-8531
Impurity four- and six-level Kondo model, in which an ion is tunneling among four- and six-stable points and interacting with surrounding conduction electrons, are investigated by using the perturbative and numerical renormalization group methods. It is shown that purely orbital Kondo effects occur at low temperatures in these systems which are direct generalizations of the Kondo effect in the so-called two-level system. This result offers a good explanation for the enhanced and magnetically robust Sommerfeld coefficient observed in SmOs4Sb12 and some other filled-skutterudites.
- J. Kondo:
Physica B+C 84 (1976) 40[CrossRef].
- J. Kondo:
Physica B+C 84 (1976) 207[CrossRef].
- Y. Nemoto, T. Yamaguchi, T. Horino, M. Akatsu, T. Yanagisawa, T. Goto, O. Suzuki, A. Dönni and T. Komatsubara:
Phys. Rev. B 68 (2003) 184109[APS].
- T. Goto, Y. Nemoto, K. Sakai, T. Yamaguchi, M. Akatsu, T. Yanagisawa, H. Hazama, K. Onuki, H. Sugawara and H. Sato:
Phys. Rev. B 69 (2004) 180511R[APS].
- Y. Nakanishi, M. Oikawa, T. Kumagai, H. Sugawara, H. Sato and M. Yoshizawa:
Physica B 359–361 (2005) 910[CrossRef].
- S. Sanada, Y. Aoki, H. Aoki, A. Tsuchiya, D. Kikuchi, H. Sugawara and H. Sato:
J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 74 (2005) 246[JPSJ].
- W. M. Yuhasz, N. A. Frederick, P.-C. Ho, N. P. Butch, B. J. Taylor, T. A. Sayles, M. B. Maple, J. B. Betts, A. H. Lacerda, P. Rogl and G. Giester:
Phys. Rev. B 71 (2005) 104402[APS].
- K. Hattori, Y. Hirayama and K. Miyake:
J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 74 (2005) 3306[JPSJ].
- H. Kusunoseand and Y. Kuramoto:
Phys. Rev. B 59 (1999) 1902[APS].
- K. Kaneko: private communications.