J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 75 (2006) 123706 (4 pages) |Previous Article| |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (1220K)| |Buy This Article|
New Pressure-Induced Phase Transitions in Fe2P
The Institute for Solid State Physics, University of Tokyo, Kashiwa, Chiba 277-8581
1The Department of Physics, The Musashi Institute of Technology, Tokyo 158-8557
2Faculty of Integrated Arts and Sciences, Hiroshima University, Higashi-Hiroshima, Hiroshima 739-0046
3Department of Earth Sciences, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada N6A 5B7
(Received December 23, 2005; Accepted September 15, 2006; Published December 11, 2006)
Fe2P is a well-known transition metal compound that shows a first-order ferromagnetic phase transition under 0–5 kbar of pressure. Here, the electrical resistivity has been investigated in the temperature interval of 2.5–300 K, employing a cubic anvil pressure cell up to 8 GPa. We found that two types of new phase transitions have occurred under pressures of 2 to 8 GPa. However, both new phases show that the transition temperatures increase with increasing pressure, and they are considered to be due to magnetic phase transitions with different dimensions such as two dimensional (2D) and three dimensional (3D) of Fe2P, under pressure.
©2006 The Physical Society of Japan
KEYWORDS:Fe2P, high pressure, electrical resistivity, phase transition
- H. Fujii, T. Hokabe, H. Fujiwara and T. Okamoto:
J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 44 (1978) 96[JPSJ].
- H. Fujii and T. Okamoto:
J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 49 (1980) 419[JPSJ].
- H. Fujii, T. Hokabe, K. Eguchi, H. Fujiwara and T. Okamoto:
J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 51 (1982) 414[JPSJ].
- H. Kodamatsu, K. Tohma, H. Fujii, T. Okamoto and H. Fujiwara:
Phys. Lett. A 84 (1981) 442[CrossRef].
- S. Rundquist and F. Jellinek: Acta Chem. Scand. 13 (1956) 425.
- H. Fujii, Y. Uwatoko, K. Motoya, Y. Ito and T. Okamoto:
J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 57 (1988) 2143[JPSJ].
- H. Kadomatsu, M. Isoda, K. Tohma, H. Fujii, T. Okamoto and H. Fujiwara:
J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 54 (1985) 2690[JPSJ].
- H. Fujii, S. Komura, T. Takeda, T. Okamoto, Y. Ito and J. Akimitsu:
J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 46 (1979) 1616[JPSJ].
- H. Fujiwara, H. Kadomatu, K. Tohma, H. Fujii and T. Okamoto:
J. Magn. Magn. Mater. 21 (1980) 262[CrossRef].
- H. Fujii, T. Hokabe, T. Kamigaichi and T. Okamoto:
J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 43 (1977) 41[JPSJ].
- T. Ohki: private communication.
- L. Chen: private communication.
- S. Ishida, S. Asano and J. Ishida:
J. Phys. F 17 (1987) 475[IoP STACKS].
- S. Fujii, S. Ishida and S. Asano:
J. Phys. F 18 (1988) 971[IoP STACKS].
- C. J. Wang, L. H. Lie and Z. Q. Qi:
J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 5 (1993) 9307[IoP STACKS].