J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 61 (1992) pp. 3139-3145 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (773K)| |Buy This Article|
Diffraction of Light by Quasi-Periodic Gratings
Department of Physics, Faculty of Science, Kagoshima University,
Koorimoto 1-21-35, Kagoshima
(Received April 8, 1992)
Diffraction of light by quasi-periodic gratings constructed as Fibonacci series or three other similar series are reported. The observed diffraction patterns show rich structures which are self-similar, and the diffraction angles are related to irrational numbers.
©1992 The Physical Society of Japan
- D. Shechtman, I. Blech, D. Gratias and J. W. Cahn:
Phys. Rev. Lett. 53 (1984) 1951[APS].
- M. Kohmoto, B. Sutherland and C. Tang:
Phys. Rev. B 35 (1987) 1020[APS].
- M. Kohmoto, B. Sutherland and K. Iguchi:
Phys. Rev. Lett. 58 (1987) 2436[APS].
- D. T. Smith, C. P. Lorenson and R. B. Hallock:
Phys. Rev. B 40 (1989) 6634[APS].
- K. Kono, S. Nakada, Y. Nakahara and Y. Ootuka:
J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 60 (1991) 368[JPSJ].
- M. Kohmoto: Butsuri 42 (1987) 433 [in Japanese].