J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 23 (1967) pp. 553-555 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (1760K)| |Buy This Article|
Fission Tracks on (10\bar10) Cleavages of Natural Apatite Crystals
Physics Department, Sardar Patel University
(Received February 8, 1967)
(10\bar10) cleavage faces of apatite were etched in citric acid and pits with and without trails were observed. The formation of the trails was studied by successively etching the same regions. Matched cleavage faces were simultaneously etched and the etch patterns were critically compared. A method is suggested for distinguishing etch pits nucleated at dislocations from those nucleated at fission tracks.
©1967 The Physical Society of Japan
- A. P. Honess: The Nature, Origin and Interpretation of the Etched Figures on Crystals. (John Wiley and Sons, New York, 1967).
- L. C. Lovell: Acta metallurgica. 6 (1958) 775.
- R. L. Fleischer, P. B. Price and E. M. Symes: Am. Mineral. 49 (1964) 794.
- R. L. Fleischer and P. B. Price: Gen. Electrical Research Laboratory Report No. 64-RL-3635 M (1634).
- A. R. Patel, C. C. Desai and M. K. Agarwal: Acta cryst. 20 (1966) 796.